Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello!!

So there is a LOT to tell you, but hardly any time to email! oh dear. I'll start with the facts. I'm living at Wyview. Which is also called west campus. they're trying to send most of the new people over here, cause they're doing construction on the main campus. I love it over here though! We get to do lots of walking during our traveling over to Raintree for studying and zone teaching.

 My companion is Sister Davis. I love her SO much! She's from Australia. Which means she has probably the coolest accent ever! We're determined that I develop the same accent before we leave. She is pretty athletic, so we use our exercise time to the fullest. Unfortunately her favorite sport is basketball.......which is the sport that I suck the most at, but we're learning to compromise and do some running and some basketball. You could say we've got the best of both worlds. he he he

 The first day here was pretty crazy and dang busy! Pretty much you just get knowledge chucked at your head and you don't really understand what is going on. Then they take you in a large group and introduce you to investigators and say good luck! Then we have to teach them whatever we feel like they should learn. Needless to say, it was appalling. But we've improved astronomically since then! And we're learning how to listen to the promptings of the spirit for what we should be telling our investigators. Funny story. We were teaching this little Asian man about the gospel but he was trying to explain reincarnation to us so he said, "you can come back as a grasshopper, cow, female, or a human." Sis Davis and I just looked at each other and were like, "I'm pretty sure humans can be females...." anyway it was super funny to me, but it might just be mission humor so you think I'm a dumb idiot now.

 Crazy thing happened yesterday! I got called as sister training leader! Which is absolutely ridiculous because I have to help the sister missionaries adjust to being at the MTC. But I just got here so I get to adjust at the same time as them. Really though, I'm so grateful for this calling because now I get to help out the new missionaries next week!! (cough cough, Danielle). Our sister training leaders seem so confident and sure of themselves, it's hard to believe that they have only been here a week! Time moves much differently here, days go by quickly but you also feel like you lived here all your life. The only difference is that literally I've spent most of my life here, so everything still feels familiar it's just that the gospel is included more.

 I'm super sorry about the ridiculously long email, I know that sometimes missionary emails drag on, but I hope you enjoy learning about my current life style.

I just want to tell you that I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be right now. And I know that he has been preparing me for this experience for quite a long time. I have such a love for this gospel and it just goes stronger every day! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to share the gospel to everyone that I meet! I'm already dreading the day I have to leave Minnesota and return into the real life. I love you lots and lots and hope you are having a great day!! P.S tell Riker good luck at Idaho! I met a girl from Boise yesterday that is also headed to Minnesota and she ran that race every year! It was so good to be able to talk to her about racing, and she even wore her Bob Firman shirt today while we did service! Literally it is the SMALLEST world ever!! PPS this is a picture of us about to work out. sorry I don't have any pictures of my companion's face! haha next week I'll send more!


No comments:

Post a Comment