Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 4? Right?

Sister Terry, Trinity, Sister Mansfield

Guten Tag! I hope you are doing quite well and enjoying this wonderful Columbus Day! In honor of him we read 1 Nephi 13 (I think) about how Nephi knew Columbus was going to come! Pretty remarkable right?

Um... I'm never really sure how to start this weekly letter, so Imma gonna just jump right into it!
I got my first Baptism!!!!!! It was SO cool! Trinity was able to finally be baptized and confirmed! She was so nervous this week, and was going through some tough stuff so we also got some priesthood holders to give her a blessing. Can I just say that I'm so thankful for the priesthood! It's been something that I've been thinking a lot about. It's definitely a huge part of the restoration of the gospel, not only did we have a prophet to lead us and guide us but we were also able to restore that power given to Jesus Christ's apostles to act in God's name and perform miracles, blessings, and sealings in the temple. It's definitely a BIG DEAL.

Back to the story, Trinity was baptized! Sister Mansfield and I gave a restoration lesson while Trinity was drying off and such, and part of being trained is memorizing and reciting Joseph Smith History versus 16 and 17. I was really nervous to recite it, since I'm still working on memorizing it and more often than not I mess it up. But Sister Clements (mission president's wife) was there, and I really wanted to say it perfectly. Guess what! I did. It was pretty awesome. and there is definitely power in being able to recite in Joseph Smith's own words that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him.


We had zone training this week and were able to be taught by President Clements and his wife. Something she said really stuck out to me. She talked about Moroni and how he was the last righteous man in the time of the Nephites and how he wasn't sure when he was going to be killed. But he always had that attitude of saying "I am yet alive" and then would testify of Christ. It's really cool that although he had so much to complain about, and was literally just running for his life all the time, he used the time that he had to bear his testimony! That's how I want to be on my mission. I want to wake up every day and be able to say, well I'm still here, and while I'm here I'm going to praise and testify of God with all my heart, might, mind and strength! What a marvelous blessing it is to be called of God to proclaim his word to my Brothers and Sisters here in Minnesota.

I realize that I haven't told you much about Sister Mansfield! haha she's so great! Funny story, she talks in her sleep, and I joke you not she teaches the restoration while she sleeps! This week I woke up one night, and I heard her saying, "Will you be baptized?" That seriously is her level of commitment, she lives, breathes, and eats to preach the gospel. It's pretty crazy but I am definitely learning a lot from her! She's a sister training leader. So we do lots of exchanges so she can help the other sisters in our district (there are 3 companionships) It's pretty cool to get to know the other sisters and also learn from them! Pretty much, I'm realizing that I have a lot to learn and I'm really thankful that the spirit is there to help, guide and testify!

I'm living in a member's home, and they are the coolest people ever! It's the Dobbins and they are so so nice! Literally I've gained 10 pounds since I've been here cause they take us out to eat and bake desserts for us when we get back at night. They have a daughter who is about my age, and we're going to go hiking with her, and then play board games for our p-day! super great! hahah


May God be with you till we meet again.
Love, Sister Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment