Saturday, May 3, 2014

April 27, 2014

Hello all! This week was SO fun, and super crazy. First off we saw SO many miracles this week! We've been working really hard at getting all of our investigators to church, and hard core committing them to get on the path to repentance and this week we had 7 of them come! WOO! It's crazy to think that when I first got in this area we were lucky if we got 1 investigator to church and teach 5 lessons a week and this week we got 36 lessons and 7 gators to church! It's been so much fun to see this area grow and help others realize the blessing that come as being part of Jesus Christ's church! And I found out that I get to stay here for at least another 6 weeks! WOO!

On Monday we had district P-day, where we did bbq and kickball (my idea, I miss all of the fun mutual activities we used to do!) it was tons of fun and we also played 4 square where I powned everyone :) but it was also great to get back to the work after. It's always so strange to put on civilian clothing and be able to do normal everyday stuff. I much prefer being a representative of Jesus Christ.

On Tuesday we woke up at 5:45 to go play volleyball with the women in the ward. Our president has been encouraging us to develop relationships with the members of our ward so they learn to trust us and also realize that we are people as well as missionaries. It was so much fun to play volleyball even though I was super rusty and even some non members came as well!

That night we had a lesson with our 17 year old investigator Brittany. She's super awesome and we had a great joint teacher and everything lined up so perfectly. That night she prayed about a date to be baptized and she and her little brother Marco are going to be baptized on May 31st! We are so stoked for them!

Wednesday we went to the TEMPLE!! woo!! I was so stoked! I love going to the temple so much, and I really do know that it is the lord's house. It's such a blessing to have a temple close enough that we are allowed to go. I feel such a spiritual uplifting every time we go. We also taught one of our investigators Olevia. She had not been super interested in the church before. But we had a really spiritual lesson with her a few weeks ago and since then she's been participating a lot more in lessons and keeping commitments! YAHOO! I'm excited to see how things turn out for her.

Thursday we did some service for one of the members of the ward. The dad has cancer and has to go to radiation every day. So we went by and cleaned up his house for him. Man, I have never appreciated my mom more, now that I have to clean so much (thanks mom).

On Friday we had weekly planning.... but then were able to go stop by Sabrina! She's been super busy this week, so we hadn't been able to meet with her. But her husband came to church last week which was huge! And he's going to allow her to be baptized. May 17th is the date!

Saturday we had practice for our choir rehearsal for stake conference. It's pretty rad. I love singing all the hymns! Well that's basically all we can sing. But I'm pretty fond of them! We also taught a restoration to this super cool lady who had been having lots of spiritual experiences lately and was able to recognize that we really were sent from God. I LOVE IT! We had a lesson with one of our African friends Gertrude, and her aunt. We brought an African joint teacher. It was the greatest thing ever. They all kept singing their African religious songs and praising God. I loved every single second of it.

Sunday was CRAZY! We were trying to get our new investigator Janabel to come to church so we were supposed to stop by her house so she could follow us to church. But she was ASLEEP! But Lisa, Georgia, Faith, Brittany, Marco, and Sabrina came, which we were super stoked about. Then during second hour a recent convert/less active family we have been working with came to church! I love them so much, it's the Davis family. They have 2 girls in high school and then 2 little boys. We stop by and teach them ALL the time. I'm so invested in their salvation it's insane. But their oldest daughter had just moved home and I had never met her. But she was crying in the coat closet and bishop asked us to go help her. So we went and talked to her.....about food. Yup. I'm that awkward. When people cry I have no idea what to say. Which is a dilemma cause basically all of our investigators cry every lesson. I digress. But this girl finally calms down and we bring her to Sunday School with us and to Young Womens as well (it was so great to be back in Young Womens! I miss it so much!) But then at 1:00 we went to church again with Janabel cause she was finally up and moving. It was great that she was able to go.

There's my week. I want you all to know that I have a testimony about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Truly I see miracles EVERY day out here. I know that this is the Lord's work and his plan is to help each and everyone of his children gain immortality and eternal life. We have been saved during this time before the 2nd coming to prepare the world for Christ. And we do that by boldly and nobly proclaiming the truth and living our lives in such a way that everyone will recognize that we are disciples of Him.

3rd Nephi 9:13

Love Sister Terry
sister power!

After a run


St. Paul Temple

Doing service with Sis. Tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment