Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day, 2014

Warning!!  I usually edit her letters and take out all the periods that she throws in at the most random spots but this letter made me laugh.  Just imagine Sidney having a conversation with you and every time there is a period she's trying to get her brain back on the topic at hand.  I love to see her personality still shining through, as crazy and erratic as she is.

Mom!

Oh, sorry. All my letters are so short. But I'm sure they are super stellar! haha um... oh my goodness so much happens every week and then I get here...and nothing. so here goes nothing.

Today I am emailing from Sister Smith's home. I hope you all are having a spectacular memorial day! Wallaby's is delicious and I got your letter this week. WAA HOO! Thanks for the magazines. and Sabrina! man. she's awesome. one day she'll be baptized. and then we'll be neighbors in the celestial kingdom.

But this week was super great! it rained on Monday hard core, and I danced in the rain while sister Tingey tried to glue her fake tooth back onto her retainer. it was a fantastic day. And we were able to visit with the Lopez family! I love them. they are recent converts, but are also kind of less active. But they are stellar. And we have been working with them to prepare for the temple. Hey dad, where did you go on your mission? what part of mexico? Sister Lopez is from Mexico, moved here when she was a kid. But she's going down to Mexico next summer. Which reminds me, I really want to go to Mexico. Maybe next summer? that would be awesome. I want to eat tortillas and rice and I actually like refried beans. And other beans. It's growing on me. Plus there is mangos. So basically a lot of pros. and the only con is that there is a spanish mafia that could kill us. Worth it.

We had exchanges this week as well. I was able to go to the Medicine lake ward with Sister Smith. It was my first time out of my area in 6 months! ahh I was excited. But also, I love being here. And we had some awesome appointments and miracles. I was happy to be back in my area. Guess what! This week we taught 37 lessons! no joke. it was the most exhausting thing ever. We had some days when we taught 8 lessons. Complete chaos. But one day, we went to go to an appointment, and the lady wasn't there so we went to stop by someone else but on the way I had to go to the bathroom SO BADLY. so i stopped by someone's house and borrowed their bathroom and then set up a return appointment to teach them the gospel. And we did. And it is a family of 10 people. No joke. AND THEY ALL CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY. 8 of them are over the age of 8. we are pretty stoked for them. THEY are SO prepared for the gospel. Moral of the story. Use every situation as a finding situation. hahahaha and sometimes God works in mysterious ways.

So basically we got 15 people to church. And set 2 new dates for June. And MARCO AND BRITTANY are being baptized next week!! WOO! I am so stoked for them! They are the coolest kids ever, and have grown so much since we started visiting them! It definitely has been a miracle filled week and I am so excited to see the miracles continue to grow. We've been working so hard at what it truly means to serve with all your heart might mind and strength. And sister Tingey has been such a blessing in calling me out on things that are not in harmony with my call. Ex. sarcasm, worldly music. And then we have worked SO hard at getting rid of those bad habits. It's been so awesome. Who knew that the cleanliness of the apartment would affect the spirit so much? As much as I detest cleaning, it's definitely worth it!! AHH I love being a missionary So much!! It's super hard, and difficult, and stressful. But also the most amazing thing you could ever do. What could be better than devoting 18 months to serving the lord? Absolutely nothing!! Have a great week!

Love, Sister TERRY


P.S. I gave a talk in church and I forgot to bear my testimony at the end about my family. but I love you. Even if the people here didn't get to hear it over the pulpit. I think you all are pretty cool kids. Keep up the great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment