Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 15, 2014

Mom,

Well, in answer to your questions, We had a balmy 50 degrees the past few days. get this, -I'm not even wearing tights today! woot woot! What a gift from God. it's been splendid. It'll probably get freezing cold soon so I'll just enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts.

TEACHING!! AND FINDING! well due to.... unfortunate circumstances our finding time was cut a little short when Sister Jacklin fell ill. It was unfortunate really. But I did get to crochet a lot of stuff while watching the district. And make some fudge for our less active sisters.

Speaking of -funny story. So you know how I always make gravy in a glass pan? so I pulled out a glass pan intending on making fudge in it. So in goes the sugar and the evaporated milk, it's boiling (oh and this is Monday evening after nightly planning. so we have about 40 minutes or so before bed) and all of the sudden....! it EXPLODES!! Shards of glass when everywhere and the sugar liquid oozes all over our stove and oven. haha it was a hot mess. literally. I joke you not I had such adrenaline after that I laid in bed for 30 minutes just saying, "I'm really glad we didn't die Sister Jacklin." She as a good sport about it and helped me clean it up though. And then we made some delicious glass-free fudge. YUM!

Oh, but back to your question. Finding and teaching are AWESOME! This area is ON fire! so far I have met 2 Liberian families :) haha so great. But also Reo and Antoinette are getting baptized this Saturday!! We are so excited for them! and then I found out that 2 of my investigators from med lake are getting baptized the Saturday after that! God is truly hastening his work of salvation in this area! We are working hard on finding new people to teach, and helping them progress towards baptism. Lots of awesome potential and the spirit is just guiding us to really great people! it's awesome. Sister Jacklin is very in tune with the spirit so she just guides us to the street we need to be and I just show up and talk to people. I love it :)

uh, Christmas plans. not sure yet. Probably see a lot of miracles. Invite at least 10 people to be baptized. and maybe Skype my family. :) we will see.

Here's quote I like a lot

"It may be possible for each to think too much of his own potential glory hereafter; It is hardly possible for him to think too deeply or too often about that of his neighbor. The load, or weight or burden of my neighbors glory should be laid on my back, a load so heavy that only humility can carry it, and the backs of the proud will be broken. It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible Gods and Goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may be one day a person which, if you saw now you would be strongly tempted to worship.... It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities; it is with awe and circumspection proper to them that we should conduct all our dealings with one another. All friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. But it is immortals who we joke with, work with, marry, snub, exploit-immortal horrors or everlasting splendors. Next to the blessed sacrament itself, your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses." -C.S. Lewis

I love the beginning where it talks about the load being so heavy that only humility can carry it. If I have learned anything on my mission it is to be more humble! Which was probably necessary since I was SO prideful before! I love mission life. It has taught me how to be invested in the salvation of others. Not because I need crazy high numbers, but because I LOVE THESE people! they are fantastic. And I love you too.

love, Sister TERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment