Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 15, 2015

Mother,

Well hello! Another week is down.... and I have 9 more to go!! woot woot! I figure if I live in denial long enough it'll eventually become reality. :) We'll see how it goes!

Well start planning our spring break adventure! journey up to Camie? maybe shopping for clothes? or finding sister terry a job. cause she needs one. I got your last letter. I'm glad a still have a scholarship! miracles do happen! so I have to sign up April 2nd for classes? ahhh future. It's hurting my brain. haha

for p-day I am... writing my farewell letter to president and cleaning up and packing. hahaha I'm SOOO lame. Well I was going to go to the mall of america, but because of terrorists that probably won't happen. But we'll see. I live life on the edge.

Man, this ward is just toooo good. I love it so much. It'll be so sad to have to leave. The work is completely taking off. So far Paulina is on track to be baptized march 28th. She's a little nervous but has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon despite it all! She just needs to have the courage to do what God is asking her to do. So if she doesn't get baptized then it'll for sure be in April. But we have had some super stellar lessons with her! We had brother Brother Mkwapatira teaching with us, and talked about how he can baptize her, and he bore such a powerful testimony of how he made the decision to be baptized even though he was nervous. Incredible people. Both of them. People from Africa have the strongest faith ever.

Then we visited with a part member family where the mom, and oldest daughter are members, but the 2 kids ages 11 and 9 are not. They are Micronesian. Which aka is SUCH a cool place! We have a lot of Micronesians who live here, and they are some pretty awesome members. Anyway, we visited with them, and some things have happened in their life recently that caused them to be a lot more open about the gospel and want to participate it in. it was incredible. We talked about the plan of salvation and how we can overcome adversity and that our choices have eternal significance. And then we committed them to be baptized and prepare to go the temple. And then they all came to church! It really was sooooo cute. All the other Micronesian's in the church were SO happy to see them. Somehow all of them are related somehow in a very islander way. So they were STOKED for their cousins to be at church for the first time in years. and all of them volunteered to come teaching with us to them. AHH I love these people. Good things are happening here! I'm so sad that I won't be there for their baptism, but Sister Sperry is already ready to take over the area and party haaaaaaard.

oh, last p-day we taught the elders in our district how to tye-dye. haha it was hilarious. You better believe that I am the tye dye CHAMP! now all I need to do is find a pair of white overalls that I can tye dye :) and then I die in peace.

On Sunday it was my last president's fireside! where we go to the mission home and recent converts share their experience of meeting with missionaries and making the decision to be baptized. Oh wow. it's always amazing to hear such strong testimonies come from these members who joined just a few months ago. And they go through such difficulties. Like one lady joined the church in December with her husband. And then he died in January. And she is still valiantly pressing forward to the temple. It such a great reminder of how real this gospel is. It binds up our wounds, heals our hearts and sets our spirits free. And people feel it. I feel so incredibly lucky to have this opportunity to preach the gospel. I wish I had time to write to you every week of all the amazing miracles, or even just one or two I guess... but it's just so overwhelming to see God's hand in literally EVERYTHING we do. Something as small as making a phone call, offering some service, knocking on a door. God is so involved in all of it. I am so lucky to represent his son and make a difference in people's lives. These past 18 months have been such a blessing, and I could never thank my father in heaven enough for everything that I have gained and lost here. We are so lucky to have this gospel, so blessed with this knowledge and the relationships that we can have with God and Jesus Christ because we can know them, truly know them. Ahh too incredible.

Have a great week!

Love, Sister TERRY


Making hearts and eating toast with Sister Sperry



No comments:

Post a Comment