Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Week 9

Hello! This week was super crazy!! Especially because of Thanksgiving! But also because Monday afternoon we got a call from President Clements saying we are now going to be a trio! So Sister Smith joined us this week! She actually was in my zone during the MTC so I already knew her a bit.

It was quite an adjustment dealing with 3 people instead of just 2. Honestly I did not like it at all. Before I came on my mission I was so nervous I wouldn't ever know what to say. But now I love talking so much that it's hard to swallow my pride and not talk so much so that everyone will have a turn.

But things were super crazy! One night we were delivering cookies to our investigators and seeing how they were when we knocked on Taylor's door she opened it up and was BAWLING. Apparently all her stuff had gotten stolen and her car was gone as well. It was a hard time for her and I felt so bad! We didn't do much, but we were able to share a scripture with her and then the police came so we had to leave. Anyways, she found out that it was her roommate that stole the stuff and sold it all for drugs. Pretty crazy! But Taylor is super solid and read the entire Book of Mormon already! It only took her 1 week! She's awesome and has a super strong desire to be baptized. We just have to finish teaching her all the lessons.

The next day the Dobbins had a party called PIE NIGHT! Alright, so I Really thought that I didn't like pie that much. It's never been a favorite dessert of mine. But oh my goodness how I’ve come to love pie since I've been here! Pretty much Pie Night is this night where the members come over, and invite less actives and non members and then we eat lots of pie! We got to go because our investigators were coming as well. It was WAY cool, and we were able to talk to lots of people and share a bit about the gospel! It's so hard to just have casual conversations now, I'm totally going to be an awkward return missionary and won't know how to do anything else besides testify about the restoration. No lie.

Thanksgiving was super rad as well. We played a game called 3 step with our zone, and I ROCKED. haha not really, but I try. I'm still super sore from it. And then we had Thanksgiving at the Dobbins. Literally they are the coolest family ever! I love them SO much!

The rest of the week was pretty normal, lots of tracting, and we had an exchange with a nearby companionship. But then last night I got a call from President Clements saying that I am leaving the area and going to ELM CREEK. It's nearby where Sister Mansfield served before. I'm pretty excited. She said that there are lots of Africans there. YAY! haha I'm African at heart.

I'm just so glad to know that this is the Lord's work and that he is in control over all of this. Literally it would be absolute chaos and craziness if not for the fact that somehow it always works out. And it works out because this is what the Lord wants! He wants his children to know how to return to him! And I'm SO thankful for the chance I have to share that with everyone!

Love, Sister Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment