Tuesday, December 17, 2013

week ??

Hello My family!

First of all, a question. Why did Satan throw spaghetti into the sea? Because he wanted an apostasy. Word. It's pretty Great. Today is TRANSFERS! No need to fret I am still residing in the city of elm and creek. It is SO great! I love it here! There is many a less active and part member family, so much of our work is going to visit them! We teach lots of young children! It's been so crazy adjusting to teaching 9 and 11 year olds. They are all crazy brilliant though! And they all have such a strong desire to be baptized! We're excited for the many miracles that are coming!

First of all it is frigid over here in the arctic tundra! It got so cold this week that President Clements told us we couldn't tract one day. :(  But we have had lots of appointments and have been meeting with many members to get them involved with the missionary work too so it's been great!

I had so many things to share, but now i have forgotten them all! Oh dear. Well, we were able to go to a concert last night with the Minnesota Mormon Chorale! It was pretty cool! There's nothing like carols of Christ to get you in the Christmas mood!

Sister Hudson got a HUGE Christmas tree from her parents last week, so now our home is super decorated for Christmas. Oh and mom, while we were hanging up the door cover thing you sent, we talked to our neighbors who are super interested in coming to church and having us visit! It was pretty cool. We didn't get to talk to them much, because it was after 9 and we needed to go to bed. It's been a pretty regular week full of the spirit and awesome miracles! We have been able to talk to so many people and set up appointments too. Which is nice, ‘cause then we don't have to tract as much.

Hmm. Yesterday I found a really awesome quote that many a missionary reads, but I thought it can apply to everyone, here it goes:

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.

My past is redeemed; my presence makes sense, my future secure.

I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotion, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence lean by faith, love by patience, live by prayer and labor by power. My face is set, my gate is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, or delayed. I will not flinch in the fall or sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder in the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, let go, or slow up until I have preached up, prayed up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Jesus Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I must go until He comes, give till I drip, preach till everyone knows and work till He stops me

And when he comes for his won, he will have no problem recognizing me because my banner will have been made clear."


Love you! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Love, Sister Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment