Sunday, August 24, 2014

Aug. 18, 2014

Mom,

I finally wrote a thank you note to grandma. Sorry I don't write many letters anymore. It's hard to find time for anything.... lately we have been using our p-day to go spend it with the sisters and try to do things that they want to do. So my poor converts and my family don't get to have written letters from me anymore. But I will try to send you stuff soon!

SISTER COOPER'S BAPTISM!! ahh it was the cutest! Her husband baptized her, and confirmed her. We were practicing the baptism a few days before and she was really struggling to bend her knees and lean back. She was positive that he would drop her in the water. haha but it went well! While we were practicing they ran through the whole thing and Brother Cooper practiced saying the words. Oh my! the spirit was so strong! it just filled the entire room, I almost started crying. It is so wonderful that this family is completed, and now can start preparing to enter the temple. Triphena and Winet (their daughters) sang "When I am Baptized" with us. And the senior couple did the intermission.

This week I went on exchanges with Sister Shumway! I don't know if you remember her from the mtc, but she is super stellar! It was so much fun to go spend the day with her in Maple grove aka miracle grove! which is also where Elder Caskey is serving fyi. But anyways, she is basically the coolest person I have ever met and has taught me so much about how to be a diligent missionary. She developed plantar fasciitis (I don't know how to spell it) while on her mission and her feet are always in incredible amounts of pain and yet she is determined to stay out on her mission and never makes any excuses in skipping out on anything. ahhh I love these sisters so much. It is such a blessing to serve with them and learn from their righteous examples.

MOM. of course I loved the shirt. I swear I wrote home to you about it. I even showed the Jacksons when I got it. And I wear it all the time to bed.

ummm I don't know what else to write. Pray for the Liberians! These poor people are starving and dying and hopefully they will find a cure to the Ebola soon!

I LOVE YOU! keep being super awesome. Also they are not broadcasting the (Ogden Temple) dedication out here. Sorry.

Sister Cooper's Baptism




Love, Sister Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment