Friday, September 19, 2014

September 15

This week was so good! Ahh I love being a missionary. It's so good. I just will never be able to get over how wonderful it is to be here in Minnesota. Even if I had to mourn a little bit this week as I broke out my handy dandy tights again. It's turning into winter too soon!

Some highlights from this week:

EXCHANGES! WOOT! I love going on exchanges. I stayed in med lake, Sister Taito (from Hawaii) came. It was SO GOOD. We had some awesome lessons. And she told me that my spirit animal is a DRAGON #intimidationfactor haha I learn so much from these sisters. It's so cool to see their desires to improve. With her we set a date with a soon to be 9 year old girl from Mexico! Her family are members, but have been less active as of late. They came to church though! And Victorica has the cutest little brother named Vinny. He's built like a tank and likes to wear our high heels. :) Him and Max would be like best friends! We also had a lesson with the raddest lady named Tina. She's SO cool! We taught her about repentance and she talked about how much her relationship with Christ has changed since we came.

ALSO. Sister Rebber came to med lake with me as well! We had a 36 hour exchange and then slept over in..... ELM CREEK! man. I miss that place. It's SO cool! But we had some great lessons too. We taught a lady named comfort. oh it was so heart breaking. We went to visit her on Saturday and as we talked tears streamed out of her eyes. She told us that her Sister in law had caught Ebola and her Husband is starving to death and hasn't had food for 2 days. It was so heartbreaking to hear of the struggles that she is facing, but as we read verses out of the Book of Mormon with her, the spirit touched her heart and gave her peace. After sacrament meeting we went over to her and her fellowshipper, Sister Comfort had on the biggest smile I have ever seen and said, "Thank you! Thank you for letting me come!" It was a miracle, and one that I will not soon forget!

A funny moment. We had dinner with the Kamarah family, who are African. Sister Smith wanted to try African food so badly! We had cassava leaf soup. It was delicious! but also super spicy. Poor sister smith was sooo sick. She turned so green and sister Kamarah kept apologizing for how spicy it was. But we were trying to tell her that we loved it! but then sister smith could barely hold it in so I ended up giving the entire dinner thought. But overall it was GOOD COOKING. I've learned that you can eat just about anything when rice is included and when it has been deep fried. #africanforlife.

7 of our people came to church this week! WOOT WOOT! I love it when they come! and then they feel the spirit, and there's no denying that there is something special.

Minnesota life is just too good. I have no idea how I got so lucky that God placed me hear. But I feel so blessed everyday of my life. This past year has been hard, but oh so good. And full of the tender mercies of God.

Today I was reading in 2 Nephi 16. I Love verses 8-11. I want that to be me! Saying Here am I, send me! and that I can labor and serve so that the people can be converted until the end of the world comes.

I hope you have a wonderful week!



Love, Sister TERRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment