Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015

Hello mummy!
I don't know what you are talking about that I am joking about extending. It's a real thing. I got to finish training my new companion! Surprise! I'm never coming home. Minnesota has adopted me into it's family. That tends to happen quite frequently actually. (She's teasing again, don't worry, she's coming home soon)
So my new companion is Sister Tristan Sperry. She's from Lehi, Utah, graduated in 2012. She likes to camp and play sports. and dance. K.
But anyway, she's the oldest of 3, has 2 brothers. is going to UVU to do nursing. Her dad died last April from cancer so it's really cool to see how strong of a testimony that she has about the plan of salvation. She's a hard worker and loves God, so it'll be really cool to see all the amazing things that will happen in this area in the next 6 weeks!
Sorry I haven't been writing very long of letters. I need to write to you first. by the time I get to you I'm just exhausted from typing and don't have much more to say. haha
But this Sunday was OH so good. We had ward conference. And I am CONVINCED that God places the best of the best stake presidents here in Minnesota. And Pres. Naatjes is no exception. It was so incredible to hear from him, and the way that he can encourage, and support and well as exhort and invite people to change. And it was all focused on the book of mormon. Completely incredible. I love it. I learn so much from these great leaders that are here.
OH! and I finally memorized The living Christ! haha it took me FOREVER, but it finally happened.
Also, some quotes from what I've been studying this week.
"Too many are giving up on the church because they are tired of constantly feeling like they are falling short. They have tried in the past, but they always feel like they are not good enough. They don't understand grace."
"Grace is not the absence of God's high expectation. Grace is the presence of God's power."
"If the foundation of faith is not embedded in our hearts, our capacity to endure will crumble."

Things are going well in Burnsville! as always, the work is on fire! There is so much to do and so little time, but we are trying to be like the Savior and reach out to the one and lift them higher and hopefully I can do what God needs me to in the short amount of time that I have left (6months :)) but I am SO thankful for the opportunity to serve. I am grateful for the chance to impact the lives of my brothers and sisters, and even more for them to impact me. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve to be sent here to such incredible people, to bear Christ's name and represent Him. I feel so honored and blessed.
Love, Sister TERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment