Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 13, 2014

Hi Ya'll!

Things are going quite well here in Brooklyn Park! We stayed inside all Sunday and Monday, so we got to refine our teaching technique quite a lot! Which came in handy as we did 3254543 hours of finding! But we found an apartment complex where the elders have not been able to go into, due to the fact they look extremely sketchy in their suits. But conveniently US sisters can get in there quite easily. So we did a lot of finding there this week, and it's in the more run down part of the area (look up Huntington on google maps) people are SO willing to listen! It's awesome! We were able to teach so many people and share the gospel with them, which is of course the best part of being a missionary!

Also, we've been working on our neighbors like to the extreme. It's Sister Ranika Pollard, her daughter Nevaeh (heaven backwards) and boy friend Pierre. Pretty much I'm super obsessed with Sister Pollard, she's awesome. But has SO many struggles. It's exhausting spending time over there as she shares everything that she has gone through. Basically I've never cried so much for someone in my entire life. But it's amazing to see the change she is going through as she comes to accept Christ more fully in her life. It's frustrating to see how little progress we accomplish, and she backslides so often. But we keep trying and stay persistent. One day, she will be baptized, I just know it! and hopefully I'll be there to see it!

We have been working with a lot of part member families, and hopefully one of our investigators (Lundin age 9) will be baptized soon! It's so hard to see all these young girls have such strong desires and faith, but their parents still have difficulty coming to church and becoming active again. Hopefully things still continue to move forward though.

Well. Things are going well here. We're just chugging along and hoping to move God's work forward. It's the hardest work I have ever done, and the most exhausting. But SO worth it! I love every single second of it, and I love being able to do things that I might not want to do, or think that I can't. Because then I remember that Jesus would, and I am representing HIM, not me. So then I do it. And it's always SUPER awesome! Being a missionary is great. I highly recommend it. Hope you have a fabulous week!!

Love, Sister TERRY

Sisters Terry and Hudson with their beautiful Christmas Tree

A little blurry, but still beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment