Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 27, 2014

How are things going?

Well.... Lundin's baptism didn't happen. Sister Schaffer wants her to be baptized by bishop and he was out of town on Saturday. SO it'll be this Saturday instead.

This lady in my ward just had a small child. It is SO cute! That is literally the hardest thing about being a missionary (besides the cold) it's that you cannot hold children! So tell Camie to get on that and start having babies so I can hold a new born as soon as I am home!

I can't believe I've been out for over 4 months! Crazy how fast time goes! We are stuck inside (again) today ‘cause it's so cold. We were outside tracting last night and with the wind chill it was below -20 degrees. Yeah, we're pretty legit and tough. It's a lot like running on a really cold day when you can't breathe because the air catches in your throat. But it happens all the time here instead of just when you run. But that's alright, it's always worth it!

I've heard that Frozen is pretty good! And a lot of little girls are obsessed with Monster High? It looks pretty frightening, and we've been getting a lot of rubber band bracelets from little girls. Apparently it's a thing as well. People keep us pretty up to date on such matters.

Which reminds me. Utah just legalized gay marriage? What?? That's nuts! Minnesota just did too. And now we have to close down the schools because it's too cold. Pretty sure that's God saying he does not want his children to be learning about such abominable nature. If there is something I've learned from being on my mission it's that you can love everyone and respect all religions and beliefs But you also have to very much stand up for what you think is right. There are constantly people that talk to us about the members of our church that they have met and they always have respect for them because they stood up for our beliefs. Even though they are contrary to most of the world’s perception.

I had some African soup (I have no idea what kind it was) and MAN! they make spicy food! haha We were teaching this lady named Olevia and she was making some dinner for her family and literally the entire time I couldn't breathe at all because of the fumes. It's almost as bad as Indian food.

I hope that everything is going well and that you are enjoying your life in the o-town!



Love, Sister T.

No comments:

Post a Comment