Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Transfer Week

Hello My Friends and FAMILY!! I hope all is going well and everyone is staying warm during this crazy cold weather!

This week was FABULOUS! We've really been pushing ourselves really hard to get the ward involved with our teaching and to find people to teach. And best of all LUNDIN got baptized! WOO! I'm sending ya'll a picture of her. And me. Don't pay attention to how much weight I've gained.... oops. But anyway the baptism was SUPER awesome! We were so excited for her and everything went spectacularly. I LOVE teaching these little kids. They're fabulous. We just play hopscotch with them or jeopardy to help them understand the teachings of Sister Terry and Hudson. It's great.

And on top of it all, I get to stay here another TRANSFER! woo! I love this area; it's so diverse and wonderful. The African people here are amazing! We met this new member who moved into our ward a few days ago and she is from Liberia. She started telling us about how God saved her life because soldiers came into her village and killed her brother and husband right in front of her. But then let her and her children go. Which is unheard of there. They usually kill everyone. Then she entered her name into this lottery to be able to come here to America. And eventually she had her name drawn. But she could only take one child with her, so she left 3 of her kids in Africa to come here. The only problem is that she doesn't know how to read or write so she doesn't have a job. Literally the problems in her life are insane. But through it all she never stopped praising God for saving her life and the lives of her children. It's so amazing to me to see these people who have literally been threw Hell and back but never once lost their faith in God. Amazing!

On Thursday it snowed so much that President said no cars. So we had to walk and walk. We spent most of the day just helping people get their cars unstuck! It was NUTS! Rookie drivers. haha, but really when it snows here it snows ALOT. And then the wind blows hard core so all the snow that just got plowed blows back into the road. There is always an opportunity to go shovel though. My back has never been buffer.

Well I hope everything is going well! The church is Definitely true and God still continues to speak to us today. I'm so blessed to be able to share that message everyday and I'm thankful for everyone who has impacted my life to get me to where I am today!! I love you!!



Sister T
Ludin and Sister Terry

Sister Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment