Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Hey Hey mom!

So the baptism wasn't this week. Because crazy Rose Flahn had work! haha she's nuts. But it is so cool! She's 17, and from Africa. We had a dang cool lesson with her this week! We've been focusing a lot on the temple with her and making permanent changes in her life. She brought up that she really wants to marry an African man, and right now there is not a lot of Africans in the church, so she's concerned that this is a temporary thing or a phase that she is going. But we've been helping her turn to God, and remember all the changes that she has made so that she can become a member. Man. She's so cool. The young women here get it, like really understand what the gospel is about and how many sacrifices you will have to make. It's the coolest thing ever. And I'm so excited for Rose to be a part of it! Oh I didn't even tell you the coolest part. Well Rose has a little brother named Boogie, who is usually a nuisance during the lessons. He's 5 years old and has an attitude to match and is constantly shouting lines from obscene rap songs and what not. But during our last lesson with Rose after we were leaving, I went over and talked to Boogie and asked him if he likes the name Boogie or if he would like us to call him Newton (his actual name) and he was like, "Newton" He completely flipped a 180 after that and has been so much nicer. And he came with Rose to church for the first time this Sunday! I see exciting things in the future for that family! Rose will be baptized on Wednesday. :)

We have dinners with members at least 4 or 5 days of the week. SO I've probably gained a lot of weight. The problem is that in this district, people are weirdly obsessed with food. Like not wanting to gain weight. It really has become such a problem and has been dragging the spirit down. SO I'm just not worrying about it. I really like food. So imma gonna eat it. Cause I can. And I'll just lose the weight when I'm home. But really I'm like 115 pounds. So I gained 3 pounds. woot woot. hahah people are crazy. A mission is not the time to worry about FOOD! Alright, now I'm off my soap box.

Oh, I didn't do anything for my birthday. hahah except go out a preach the gospel. No that's a lie. I went to dairy queen and got chicken fingers. Woot woot! haha #mylifeislame The thing is, I would much rather go out and share the gospel than try to celebrate my birthday. It's a lot funner, and brings joy to other people as well.

Hahha the weather!! It hasn't been too bad. I dunno. I guess I don't really know what normal is anymore. Sometimes there is a lot of rain. Sometimes it's extremely humid and crazy! but mostly it is SO green and luscious, like a rain forest. So cool. And today we are going exploring to the stone arch bridge with the 17 year old girl that we live with. WOO HOO! fun times ahead. So you don't really need to be worried about the weather. We do go biking around Medicine Lake all the time though! It's about 8 miles around, so we bike it in the morning for our exercises. I hope you are looking up how everything is on google maps. Look up Autumn Ridge apartments. That's where I spend all of my days! It's in Brooklyn Park!

Sister COOPER! ah man. She's SO cool! We had a lesson with her this week. We taught the restoration, and follow the prophet, and word of wisdom, and about visiting teaching. It's nuts. We have to teach her SUPER quick, cause she has had some long drawn out teaching sessions with the missionaries, and gets overwhelmed easily. But she is so excited to get to the temple! It was the cutest thing! We asked her why she wants to be baptized and she starts talking about her eternal family, and grabs brother coopers hand as she talks. Oh man. They are so cute. I don't know if I mentioned that he has liver failure. SO literally, he is going down the path to death. If Sister Cooper isn't baptized on the 9th, it will be shortly after that.

Well i love you a lot! Have a wonderful week!

Also, this bomb quote from Elder Holland,

"To those who stagger or stumble, He is there to steady and strengthen us. In the end He is there to save us, and for all this He gave His life. However dim our days may seem, they have been darker for the Savior of the world. In fact, in a resurrected and otherwise perfected body, our Lord has chosen to retain for the benefit of His disciples the wounds in His hands, feet and side. Signs if you will, that painful things happen to even the pure and perfect. Signs that pain in this world is not evidence that God does not love you. It is the wounded Christ who is the Captain of our Soul. He who bears the scars of sacrifice, the lesions of love, humility, and forgiveness.

Man. I love being a part of this church, and receiving the blessings of the gospel. It is so perfect that we have a wonderful father in heaven with a divine plan for us and we are so lucky to have this knowledge. I'm constantly amazed and in awe at how lucky we are; we who understand the purpose of life, and Christ's suffering. While I might not know everything yet, The knowledge that has been given to me is the greatest treasure on earth. I am so thankful for my savior, and redeemer, who chose to stick it out when times were rough so that we would be able to press on and have hope for a better future.
I love you lots and lots and will talk to you next week! :) 

Love, Sister Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment