Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13, 2014

This week was super great! Starting off with a fantastic p-day last Monday! We went up to the park as a zone and played some really fun games. AKA ULTIMATE FRISBEE! Good thing my 4 years of xc prepared me for that game, cause we won! Actually, really funny story as we were preparing for the battle of ultimate Sister Smith (my companion) turns to me and asks, "Sister Terry, are you a competitive person?" And I responded, "Affirmative." and she goes, "I thought so." but hey. I've clearly made leaps and bounds of improvement if it took her 5 weeks to find out. But we won, and apparently I got a little too into it, cause I lost my voice for the next 3 days. #oops. but partly cause I was still a little sick from last week. I just didn't want to sit out on all the fun. We also had an egg toss. Poor sister Smith got it all over herself. hahah okay. I was laughing when it happened. But I also helped her clean it up.

Tuesday was MLC (mission leadership Council). President Forbes has really been pushing us to work on finding through members. Especially meeting with active members, and have them set up an appointment for us to go meet the less active people that they visit teach with them. It's a really cool initiative. The only problem is when people don't do their visiting and home teaching. Literally if there is one thing I have learned this past month is how crucial visiting and home teaching is. We would have much greater retention as a whole church if people viewed this calling with greater importance. alright, I'll step down from my soapbox now. MLC totally inspired me though, I LOVE president and Sister Forbes, they are the sweetest people you could ever imagine. After the meeting you leave with such great hopes and filled with the spirit! We were able to invite 3 people to be baptized that night, and we are working on being much more bold in inviting people to change!

We blitzed two of the sister teams we work with, it has been such a blessing to be in this area for so long and become so close with all the sisters! They are all such fantastic missionaries. And it's been so cool to see their conversion to Christ deepen and to see how much their areas have improved as they change. I am always so impressed at how quickly we can change and let go of those things that are holding us back from becoming more like Christ. Especially as we think about why we need to change, and what blessings are in store for us if we do.

Let me end with a super great quote,

"The Lord works from the inside out. The world words from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human Nature. Yes. Christ changes men, and changed men can change the world. Men, captained by Christ will be consumed in Christ. They set fire in others, because they are on fire themselves."

I feel so lucky to be a missionary, especially in Minnesota! This is the greatest place on earth, and the opportunity to share the gospel with the people here is the greatest blessing I could ever have. I've never loved so many people, or felt so invested in their spiritual welfare. It's been the most exhausting, painful experience. But I've never felt closer to my Savior. And, if I am to help people come closer to Christ and accept his gospel I must do the same first. I am so thankful for the wonderful examples I have had in my life to help prepare me to serve a mission. This really has been the best year of my life.... so far. :)


Have a fantastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment