Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 29, 2014

WELL, this week has been a fantastic one! It goes by so quickly every time!! We went as a district to Como Zoo, which was fabulous! We especially loved the monkeys with really cool mustaches. Mega awesome! As well as I am a die hard fan of the lions. My lion king days have left me with a love and passion for them. so cool!

But as for actual missionary work, We went on a couple of exchanges this week. Sister Smith took over the area for a day, which I was SO sad to leave but she did fabulous and even taught Tina the law of chastity! WOOT! One step closer to receiving the covenant of baptism. And obtaining blessings for their family. I am so excited for her, she's just the most sincere wonderful lady I have ever met. It's such a joy to be with her.

But I went on exchanges with Sister Teuscher up in Maple Grove (I really hope that you are always looking up these places on google maps mom.) It's been so fun to see all these trainee's come in so green and new from the "real world" and watch them grow into a confident missionary who can preach the gospel and call people to repentance! what a joy! I am constantly so impressed with these wonderful sisters. I feel like I have the easiest bunch of sisters to watch over because they are so faith filled and are consecrated to the Lord! It makes it a joy to be around them! I also went on exchanges with Sister Richardson. We stayed in Med Lake, and found lots of new people to teach! #holla! #cryrepentance The best was when we found this lady named Jane and she is from Kenya, she owns a group home, which is where we knocked. After we taught her about the restoration we invited her to say a prayer with us, and she accepts and then goes to invite the other women who are there. There was a lady named April there, and Jane goes, "April, do you want to pray with us?" and April says, "Uh.NO." "Have you forgotten that I am a Wicken?" And Jane just looked at us, rolled her eyes and says, "okay. well we will pray for you." Oh my goodness I wish you could have been there. Because actually it was really funny, but probably in this email it seems really lame. SO sorry about that. 10 seconds of your life wasted.

Other highlight of the week, Victoria got baptized! I can not get enough of this cute 9 year old girl. She's such a character. Which I enjoy a lot. Her family is incredibly awesome, we are working hard on getting them to the TEMPLE! woo! the Hernandez family is awesome!

Also, General conference. I am SO stoked. It was amazing to hear the women's broadcast, and especially Elder Uchtdorf. He's so cool. I learn so much every time I get the pleasure of hearing from the apostles and prophets of God. What a blessing to be a part of the Lord's restored church where we literally have someone who is a spokesman for God. Sister Cooper (my recent convert) was asking us why it is SO long, and we talked about how it's only twice a year and she said, "Oh, so he has to tell us everything that God has told him in the past 6 months?! no wonder it's so long!" haha I can't get enough of her. But really it's SO true! There is so much that we need to learn and such a short amount of time to hear everything that they have to say! SO we need to start preparing NOW!

Also, Here's a quote. That I'm so obsessed with,
"I have desired, after traveling for 25 years to stay at home and minister among the people of God, and take care of my family. But God's will be done, and not mine. If it is the will of God that I should spend my days in proclaiming this gospel and bearing testimony of these things, I shall think myself highly privileged and honored. And when the spirit of God is upon me, I think it matters but very little what I suffer, what I sacrifice whether I secure the honor of dishonor of men, or where I die, if it so be that I can keep the faith, fight the good fight, and finish my course with joy. I have all eternity before me, in the which to enjoy myself." Parley P. Pratt.

I can never get over how cool being a missionary is! I wish I could explain all the fun laughs, the crazy cool miracles, and the bitter sweet moments. But it's unexplainable. but also incredible. I love it so much, and I feel SO lucky to be here in Minnesota!! It's the best place on EARTH!


love, Sister TERRY
On the way to Como Zoo with Sis. Smith


At Como Zoo

Nightly Planning

Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment